- Home | Links
| Calendar | News
- Through our travels we have occasioned to visit a few artisan
shops. Here we share a few of our favorite; many we've purchased
items from and all that we recommend for your next shopping spree.
Leather Company - Leather Works
- These are folks who make belts, sporans, hats and more. And
they are the brother company to Wolfstone Kilts. If you purchase
a kilt from Wolfstone, you can buy your kilt belt from Potomac
Leather. Lady Victoria purchased a black sporan from these folk,
along with a ladies belt that matches Lord Garrett's belt for
his Great Kilt.
Witches - Ladies Clothier
- Lady Victoria has longed for one of her dresses for many
years. Ever since she discovered her website. It's worth the
tour of her dresses.
Of Sandlar - Leather Bootiers
- This is where Lord Garrett purchased his boots. He will often
tell you they are the most comfortable shoes he's ever worn.
Very Merry Seamstress - Ladies Clothier
- Her dresses are not only lovely, they are affordable. Where
others chose the most expensive materials, The Merry Seamstress
meets your needs in the most inexpensive way. But make no assumptions,
the craftsmanship of her garments is totally high quality.
Kilt Company * - Celtic
- This is where Lord Garrett purchased his kilt, in his family
tartan. They were excellent in teaching him the finer points
in pleating the kilt and wearing it properly. And their knowledge
of tartans and clans is exceptional.
Fashions - Trinkets & Jewelry
- Mom and Dad aren't the only ones who like sparklies, so does
Sir Aidan. And he found the perfect dragon pendant, with his
tail wrapped around a glittering crystal ball.
Crafty Celts - Fine Hand Crafted Jewelry
- Every Scotsman needs a decorative broach to hold his kilt
in place over his shoulder. Lord Garrett found the perfect broach,
decorated with lion heads; perfectly matching his Family Crest.
Chain Leather Works - Fine Leather Garb and Accessories
- We're walking through the Carolina RenFaire when Little Sir
Aidan walks into this shop. Before m'Lord and Lady can get inside
behind him, he has expressed to the shop owner that he wants
a hat. She pulls off the smallest black leather hat she has in
the shop; guides him to a full length mirror and places it on
his head. With a giant grin he calmly says thank you and begins
walking out the store. So he has a new hat.
Woods - Hand-crafted drinking vessels
- Lady Spring acquired her very beautiful wooden cup from Goodly
Woods. It's holding up exceptionally well.
Woven Wire - Unique Wire & Metal Jewelry
- Lady Victoria chose a nice pair of glass dangling earrings
at the Carolina RenFaire. A perfect match for her Ren-dress.
Dragon & Unicorn - Fine Leather Drinking Mugs
- Our friend Alice acquired a tall leather mug, decorated with
a white wolves head for Lady Victoria. A year later, we found
a small childrens mug for our little pirate Aidan. Decorated
with a perfectly adorable flying pig.
- Odds 'N Ends:
Midsummer Knight's Dream - Woodbaby puppets
- Lord Garrett prodded me to adopt a very special and somehow
familiar woodbaby wolf. He sat upon my shoulder and traveled
through the Maryland village sharing his magik with those who
Earth Swordworks - Fine wooden swords
- Lord Garrett and Sir Aidan acquired a pair of swords from
Hollow Earth in 2006. They have spent many an evening honing
their skills at home and thankfully not harming each other!
- Places To Visit At The Faire:
- Vendors who don't have a web site
- Maryland RenFaire
- Q Heart
II - Clothier. On Valley Meade lane.
- Lady Victoria walked into this shop and was immediately drawn
to a gold patterned dress, with black leather draw strings. And
it's also very well made.
- The Woodbutchery
* - wood carvings, walking
sticks and staffs. On White Stag Grove
- Now if you like walking sticks, this is the place to go!
They do exceptional cravings, walking sticks, staffs, tables,
chairs, bed frames and more. Our
- High Point
- On a day when the temperature was near 90º, finding
a fan to provide some relief was essential. Thankfully we found
a wonderful little shop with brooms, bellows, walking sticks,
fans and feather dusters.
- Carolina RenFaire
- Along the main road rests a quaint shop filled with silver
jewelry. Adorned with fairies, birds, and animals of all kinds.
We acquired a necklace, and matching earrings for my niece as
a thank you for babysitting our dogs during our visit.
- New Pterodactyl
- I truly wish Dawn Celeste had a website to point you to.
I walked into this shop with the specific mission of finding
a brimmed hat. I had no idea how much I'd fall in love with a
leather brimmed hat. The craftmanship alone of the hat and all
the items within the shop is amazing. But the creativity and
unique designs are so stunning, you can't help but walk out with
your hands full. Along with my hat I found a set of black leather
wrist bracing for Lord Garrett. Accented with red suede, they
look perfect next to his clan tartan.
- Additional Shopping:
- Children's Costumes
- Great children costumes. They do special orders for hard
to find costumes as well. Sir Aidan's costume was no longer available
from the original store we purchased it at. But he was set on
having a new one to fit his growing size. Thankfully I found
a special order section at MakeBelieve.
- A variety of childrens and toddler costumes. This is where
we acquired Sir Aidan's Renaissance Warrior Costume. He's growing
like a weed so this is a good bookmark to have.
* - Highly recommended!